Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Nik and Raivis picked me up from work yesterday and we took off for our surprise destniation.... the Brown Palace in Denver. The Brown Palace is a really cool historic hotel that was built in 1892. Nik had made reservations for the room overnight as well as reservations for dinner and breakfast. He also had made arangements for the dogs to vacation with thier favorite family in Fort Collins. Such a fun surprise!!!

Raivis was a huge hit at the restaurant that we ate at for dinner, he hammed it up and smiled and waved at people. Everybody commented on how good and cute he is. (of course :) ) Nik has decided that having a baby is like having a bulldog... whenever we are in public with Grover, people who have or have had bulldogs come up and talk to you and we do the same when we see bulldogs. The same phenomena happens with babies, about 5 employees at the restaurants told us about their children who are about the same age as Raivis. So funny!

On the way down there I got car sick, I haven't done that in years. THEN during dinner Raivis threw up twice, AND when we gave him a little piece of blackberry this morning he chewed it for a moment made a horrible face, gagged, and threw up again. Nik gets the dubious title of the only person in our family that hasn't thrown up in the last 24 hours. On the positive side, Raivis slept all night at the hotel!! After what happened last time I was a little nervous but he did great.

Raivis doesn't seem to be feeling very well in general, he has a low temp, is drooling buckets, is chewing on his hands, and is a little fussy... we think we are getting more teeth... ick. It could be the antibiotics too... I am trying to think positive thoughts that we are NOT sick!!

All in all we had a great time, it is so nice to be able to go out and do fun things once in a while. We forgot the camera so we don't have any new pictures :( bummer... I guess we will just have to go back sometime :)

3 comments:

Carol said...

How wonderful!!! I'm thrilled that you got to do something new and romantic. Happy Valentines Day. I love you mom/Grandma Carol

Lori Sirs said...

Sounds like a great time - less the getting sick part, of course. What a romantic getaway - thoughtful hubby!

Rachael said...

I'm happy your two awesome men planned a weekend getaway and it went off without a hitch! Great job Nik! (I knew I raised you right, hahaha) Love to all of you!