Monday, September 3, 2012

Pa-pakes

Raivis loves pancakes... whenever we go out for breakfast that is what he orders.

He used to say "pa-pakes" and I loved it. 

About two weeks ago he crossed over and now says "pancakes", just right, all of the phonemes are there.  While this makes my speech-therapist heart happy to see the progression of his language... I think my mama heart broke a ltttle.

At least he still says  "pack-pack" instead of backpack... I'll just have to hold onto that while I can!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way little kids talk. My kids were like that too. Vinnie used to say pack pack...Happy Preschool Days to little Raivis...He is getting so BIG!!!! Bet he can't wait to become a BIG Brother!!! Hugs to you guy's....Love Cousin Mica

Nicole Russell Willis said...

I still say "innnn-ster-sting" in place of interesting. And when I do, Delaney gives me "the eye" ha! Bittersweet indeed!