Sunday, September 30, 2012

A few totally unconnected stories


  • Raivis has become very observant lately.  We were watching football last Sunday after his nap, after observing for a while he says, "Hey, that football team has two girls on it."  He had noticed the players with long hair coming out of their helmets and decided they must be girls.  Nothing gets by this kid.  
 
  • Our grocery store has a car-cart.  I have become a true believer in the power of the car-cart.  When we are lucky enough to get one, Raivis is the best shopper ever.  Aside from occasionally yelling, "Stop it's a red light!", you hardly hear a peep out of him.  LOVE IT!






  • A couple of Wednesdays ago, Nik and I both got home early so we ran off to the park.  After playing for a while, a little boy came driving up in a powerwheels jeep (it was originally a barbie jeep but they had made it a little tougher with colored duct tape and stickers).  It was HILARIOUS to watch all of the little boys drool over that thing, they even checked to see what was under the hood.  As we were leaving my sweet boy says, "Momma, it would be really fun to have one of those some day." 





  • It was time to invest in some new undies for the boy, so off we went to Target.  After careful consideration we picked out some Thomas undies and we noticed a pack of boxer brief undies and thought we would try those.  I was sure he would hate them. As usual, my boy proved me wrong, he LOVES them.  He calls them his "undy-pants", as soon as he gets home from school, his shorts come off and he hangs out in his cool "undy-pants."  Yesterday, Raivi and I had a cleaning day around the house, we tackled the linen closet and the scary coat closet.  Raivis was a super good helper in his undy-pants and snow boots.   









  • I love our neighborhood.  We have been here for two years and I think that I see something new every day.  Down the road a few blocks is one of our favorite neighborhood walk destinations, Libby Hill Park.  There is a monument to Confederate sailors that overlooks the city.  One of the beautiful evenings we had last week we walked (well, I waddled) down there.  The picture doesn't do the view justice but it is one of the most beautiful views in the city.  The weather has been so nice, even the bulldog has gotten to go out walking with us again. 










  • I love the things that Raivis picks out when we are at the store.  While I was looking at mattress pads, Raivis was admiring all of the blankets in the isle, he proclamed this one his favorite and REALLY liked the pink sequin pillow that matched.  











1 comment:

Lori Sirs said...

I know this has been up awhile, but I re-read it today and it made me SMILE! Love the Raivi stories!