Sunday, September 30, 2012

Carter Mountain


It is officially fall for the Sirs family here in Virginia... we made our annual trip to Carter Mountain, outside of Charlottesville, VA, to pick apples.  The drive up was beautiful, the leaves up there have started to change and it was the perfect temperature for apple picking

I cannot believe that we have been here for 3 falls already.   Our medical school time is flying by and our boy has grown so much! 

    October 2010 (one of my most favorite pics)















    October 2011

















This year, we were all excited to get up there pick some apples, eat way to many apples, and the most important part, eat apple cider doughnuts. 

We hit it at the perfect time this year and got some Fuji and some Jonagold apples.  In years past we have missed those.  Raivis was all about the picking, he was a great helper and ran back and forth between his Daddy and I to get the apples in the bag.



The biggest change this year?  Raivis didn't wear his Broncos hat. :(  The boy is his father's son and has quite the collection of hats these days, I believe he has 6 (two of which are BSU hats).   He has become quite particular about which one he want to wear and rotates them frequently.  I'm glad for the variety but it makes me realize how big he is. 

Bronco hat or not, the doughnuts did not disappoint, they were delicious as usual.  Grandma Carol couldn't come up with us this year, so we made sure to save a doughnut for her too!

Now we have to decide what to make with all of our apples!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I was just thinking of how long you have been in Virginia ... three summers and falls. These photos of Raivis sure show how much he has grown over the last three summer/falls. Love you all!