I had to go to jury duty on Monday... I didn't get picked to serve on a jury but I got to come home and hang out with my little man a little early. Our weather here in Virginia has been GLORIOUS. It has been nice and warm but cool enough to go outside and romp around. After our nap, Raivis and I took advantage of the great afternoon and went to one of his favorite places, "the park with the orange slides." We had a lot of fun playing, talking, and being silly, my kind of afternoon! Then all of a sudden it was late in the day and I hadn't even started dinner... oops. I hate it when I feel like I have all of the time in

the world and then BAM it is gone.
The rest of the week was busy. Raivis and Daddy got to do the school thing and I worked a ton. One of these days, (hopefully sometime before November) I will get caught up at work... We are going through a change in administration at my work, so work has been extra fun lately. Change, even good change is always hard. It is amazing to see Raivis grow and change since he has started school. He has become quite the little man, full of opinions and confidence. He can almost spell his name (I've been working on that for a while, but 2 weeks of school apparently is all he needed :) ). He says, "R-S-I-V-I-S". I am not sure what the extra S is about but I am still impressed. As always, he is quite the ladies man at school. We were waiting for the doors to open and he says, "Hey, there's Willow, I'm going to show her how I can jump." Then proceeds to wow her with his sweet jumping moves.

Nik finished his surgery rotation this week! I think that he loved every minute of his surgery rotation but we both are ready for different hours for a while. Since he took his surgery test on Thursday, we get a free weekend (meaning Daddy doesn't have to go study!).

To celebrate, we headed out to the beach. We like to go to a public beach, Sandbridge, that is a little bit south of Virginia Beach. It was a super super windy day, almost Oregon coast caliber wind. The warm air saved the day though and we had a blast.

We haven't been to the beach since July, and boy was Raivis ready to live it up. He dug holes, played with his sand trucks, jumped in the water, ran, wrote letters with his shovel, made sand birthday cakes, fed the seagulls, and snuggled in between to take a break from the wind.
Try not to look at my legs in the picture below ( you may come away blinded), but the baby and I had a great time at the beach too. Somehow, I managed to miss putting on sunscreen on my right knee. As you can imagine from the whiteness of my legs... I have a lobster colored knee... I think that i am blaming the baby :).
Raivis was exhausted and passed out on the way home. We took the back way home so that we could 1) avoid the craziness of the interstate and 2) go to the Virginia Diner. The Virginia Diner is a little tourist stop in the heart of Virginia pig and peanut country. We were mean parents and woke the boy up for dinner. He was pretty crabby for the entire time we were there but perked up for chocolate cake of course. The people watching was great at the Virgina Diner and we got some pretty good Southern style comfort food too.
Today, Nik pulled the crib down from the attic and we started the task of squeezing another being into our little house. I think we have it sort of figured out, but it is definitely a work in progress. Raivis is ready though, he says that he can't wait for "his baby to laugh at him." I assured him that Raivis will be the baby's favorite.
3 comments:
He is a riot! Would love to see those sweet jumpin' moves! Glad you got to go have some fun!
Raivis looks SO much like his dad!
I love that beach. It seems it's never crowded like I remember beaches. Raivis is a beach kid. You;ll have to take that into consideration for residency places, lol.
Post a Comment