Saturday, May 26, 2012

Where, oh where to begin?!?



Apparently I needed to take a three month hiatus from our blog (actually make that a 5 month hiatus, I have been trying to put this together since March geez).... My second quarter resolution for 2012 is to blog more, I can do better then one post for the next quarter right? :)  So, I guess I will start with a quick recap of the year so far.  Here is what we have been up to in 2012


JANUARY:

January was spent playing, fighting colds, exploring, and visiting with Uncle Marc while he was in Charlottesville for a training. It was so great to see him! While he was here we went up to Montpielier, James Madison's house.
We learned a lot about James Madison, his house is awesome. It is still super cool that we are so close to where it all began.  It is very humbling to think that I stood in the room where a lot of our constitution was written... wow.   
We had such a mild winter, it was a lot of fun to be able to get out and about without freezing our tales off, I just worry what this summer has in store for us, I'm sure it involves a lot of heat and humidity... if I am lucky we can have March weather in August instead, :)

FEBRUARY:
 
February passed by in a blur, as that short month usually does.  All of the flowers around our neighborhood started to bloom and we spent a lot of our free time going for walks and playing at the park. 
We got to go to the circus, Raivis was pretty serious for the whole thing.  
He really liked the elephants, the performing dogs, and of course the motorcycles in the globe.  The next week Grandma Carol and I went to go see the Lion King Broadway production, it was AWESOME.  While we had a girls night, the boys went to go watch Monster Trucks.  Raivis is still talking about it. 
 
At the end of February something amazing happened, we had snow in the weather forecast.  We waited all day, we went for a walk in the slushy rain just in case that was going to be all we got.  After nap time, we gave up on it, shut the blinds, and made dinner.  At bed time we went to let the dogs out and low and behold we had abut 4 inches of snow!!
 
The first (and last as it turned out) of the season.  We had to take advantage of it, so we took the boy out of his pajamas, got the sled out of the attic and went outside and played.  It was a good thing too, all of it was gone by about noon the next day.  We had a blast!

MARCH:
This is Raivis favorite "manimal", his name is Foxie.  Foxie was given to Raivis by one of his wonderful cousins in California.  Foxie goes almost everywhere with us, here he is dancing in the car on our way to Florida.

Spring break = a great great thing. We got out of Richmond and went South to Disney World. Raivis wasn't sure about the whole thing at first, he is pretty sure there is something seriously wrong with the characters. He warmed up pretty quick though and by the end of day 2 he was hooked. His favorite part of the park? Why it was the "train car" in the parking lot and the monorail of course!
 
We could of ridden those things all day and he would have been just as happy.
 
I tried and tried to get a picture of Raivis looking the right way by the Mickey flowers.  He wasn't cooperative. In fact, when he got placed on the ledge for a picture, he got up and ran through the flowers... geez!  
 
 Nik had to climb up there and retrieve our child, oh the joys of parenthood. 

 
 Our first day at the park it rained and rained and rained.  We all covered up in ponchos and went on with it.  Even though we were all a bit soggy, Disney in the rain is sort of nice, really short lines. 
 
 Our first ride was on the carousal, Raivis tried to pitch a fit and refuse to ride but Nik and I won that battle.  He ended up loving riding the horse, not that you can tell by the expression on his face, he wasn't a Disney convert yet at this point. 


The teacups did the trick though, the kid does love to spin.  After that we did the race cars and the Buzz Lightyear ride.  We went back to our hotel for a nap, then went back for round two.
 By that evening, we even had smiles and less rain drops.  Then the fire works started, he liked looking at them but said they were way to loud. 
 After the fire works, we ducked into a bakery for a treat.  Raivis saw the big piece of chocolate cake and said, "I need that, I get it all over my face and say mmmmm."  He did enjoy it and did get it all over his face, a boy true to his word!
 The next day the sun came out and it was beautiful.  Raivis' favorite ride ended up being a tie beween the race cars and Aladdin's magic carpet ride. 
 We got him his Mickey ears, he told me he would wear them later, not now.  Being the pest that I am I didn't listen and snuck them on over his Broncos cap. 
 So, even after the Tiki room, Race Cars, Rocket Ships, the People Mover, the Swiss Robinson's Tree House, It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Jungle Cruise he still loved the Monorail and the tram car in the parking lot the best.  He was all business getting on the tram, holding his hat before he even got on.  All in all we had a great time at the most magical place on Earth. 

To break up the trip on the way home, we stopped in Savannah, Georgia.  We had heard that it was a great city and it lived up to its' expectations.

 The first thing we did after getting to Georgia was head straight to Tybee Beach.  Even though a thunder storm was on the way in, we had a blast. 
 This kid, I think he can play at the beach for hours upon hours and never get tired of it. 
 The next day we explored Savannah.  Our first stop was the river front.  We had a blast eating fresh cand and watching the barges move up and down the river. 
 The city of Savannah is awesome.  Every couple blocks there are great public squares filled with beautiful plants, statues, history, and benches.  It is a VERY fun place to just wander around and see what there is to see. 
 After we all took a quick nap and grabbed dinner we found the square that has a fountain to play in.  I wasn't super prepared for Raivis to get drenched, so I apparently become delusional and let Raivis play in the fountain with the instruction to not get too wet.  I quickly came to my senses and let him go for it.  He had a blast. 

Later we took a horse drawn carriage tour around the old part of town.  We learned a lot about the city and Raivis only fell off of the carriage seat once when we stopped.

The rest of March was spent doing our usual running around of course.  However, the weather was so gorgeous that we spent as much time outside as possible.  Raivis and Daddy did a lot of fishing and of course we went on lots of bike rides around the neighborhood. No matter how busy we are though, we always stop to pet kitties. 




Got one!!

Alright, I am going to start a new post for April and I guess that May is ticking on by so hopefully that will come soon.    

Where, oh where, is this year going? 



1 comment:

Nicole Russell Willis said...

LOVE it all! Good job on the post, I know it's hard to keep up sometimes, but worth it! :)
Love the Disney pics and stories!