Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kitties, Babies, and Surprises

We were talking to Raivis about babies the other day, we asked him "Raivi, if we had a baby, would you want a baby brother or a baby sister?" He got a very thoughtful look on his face, took a moment then said, "Um... none of them. I want kitty."  Further, his response to "What would you do with a baby?" was "Hit it". Oh geez, this kid kills me. 

Nik, and I better be on our toes with this kid because we are expecting a baby in November!!

When we got home from Disney World in March I had a doctor's appointment.  During that appointment my doctor decided to do a pregnancy blood test just in case.  I was 98% sure I was not pregnant (after almost 7 negative home tests I think almost anyone would be 98% sure).  The next morning I get a call from my doctor and guess what she told me?  Yup, my pregnancy test was positive.

After going to the OB-GYN we found out that we were only 6 weeks along, which explained the negative home test results.   Our first ultrasound went very well and both of our follow-up appointments have been fine. 

The pregnancy is going very well so far.  I have been sicker then I was with Raivis and my pelvis feels like it may have been beaten with a hammer. Other then that we are doing good.  People at my work have been super supportive and our family and friends are all super excited.  

It is hard to imagine that a year from now we will have a 6 month old in the house!!  I think I am tired just thinking about it!  As we have been talking about babies with Raivis his idea of babies is slowly improving.  He had decided that maybe if there was a baby he could show it how do do all the fun things he can do. 

With the new addition to our family I guess I have to rename our blog... I am open to any suggestions!

3 comments:

katieanne said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!! And yeah, the pelvic pain increases exponentially - just wait till the third trimester when it feels like the head is falling out.... uck! But totally worth it. Congrats!!!

Heather Palmer said...

That is so exciting!! Kids love having other kids around the house. You will do great with two!

Nicole Russell Willis said...

Hmmmm, a new blog name! gotta start thinking about that one! I am so happy for you - you will be a great mama of 2!