It was my nephew, Alec's, birthday on the 24th of March. We got to celebrate by going out to his favorite restaurant (Mongolian BBQ) and have ice cream cake (which in true Alec fashion got a little spit on it during the candle blow out hahaha). I still can't believe that he is 14, he is offically older than I was when he was born. YIKES! I know this is the age old question but .... Where does the time go???? I love to watch Alsc with my son. Typically, the second Raivis and I walk into my sister's house Alec carries Raivis off to play with him. It is so sweet and Raivis LOVES his cousin right back. Can it get much better then watching my sweet sweet nephew love on my own boy?
Nik's littlest sister Larisa came to visit for her spring break. We didn't do anything to exciting but it was nice to visit with her. Raivis thought that she was pretty interesting, he does love pretty girls. I think that he was surprised every time he woke up that she was still here. She is getting ready to graduate from Nampa High in May, as one of three valedictorians for her class. It is so exciting to watch her make her goal and move on to college (she is pretty excited too).
Speaking of school, we found out that Nik was put on the waitlist for the University of Colorado medical school. They rank their wait list and Nik is in the bottom third of it so it is extremely unlikely that we will get to stay in Colorado for this med school adventure. Of the schools that we know he is accepted to, we think that Virginia Commonwealth University will be the best fit for us (other then the fact that it is on the other side of the country). So, we are taking a great big breath and making plans to move our little family to Richmond, Virginia. I don't think that it has totally sunk in yet, I don't know about living in the South... it is exciting and completely utterly scary at the same time. Now we just need to sell the house...................... and find a safe neighborhood there and I need to find a job and the worst of it all we have to pack. UGH!
Other big news in our house.... Raivis decided that he was going to talk on April 3. He officially says "up" "hi" and "bye-bye" He says up and hi the most, I love it. Additionally he mimics the melody of other things that we say, so fun. His receptive language is growing every day too, he understands it when we say to put something in something else. He also will "brush" his hair with brushes or combs. He and I often play a game together where we put his rings onto each others heads, until this week it was just me putting rings on our heads. Tonight he put the rings on my head (sort of) when I said "put it on" and cracked himself up. He is working on the walking thing but we have a while to go before we have to re-baby=proof the house. :)
Not only is my kid developing his language skills and a busy beaver, my kid is a social butterfly... he waves at every car that passes when we are walking or in the front yard and when we go to crowded places he is a non-stop waving machine at all of the people. He is so funny, he doesn't even get discouraged when people don't wave back.
We had a very very Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny visited our house, there were eggs to find and even an Easter Basket for Raivis. Raivis found about 3-4 eggs, he thought they were so cool he didn't need to find the rest of them. :) He got a kite, some Little People Tractors, some bubbles, and 3 different balls in his basket. We went to my sister's house for brunch, got to play with her kids and had a wonderful dinner too. Well, it is official.... SPRING IS HERE.... bring on the yard work and sunshine!!
Well... that was rambley. I better go to bed I haven't adjusted to the stupid daylight savings time change yet....
2 comments:
wow this is news! I can't believe you may move to Virginia! wow!!! I am praying for you guy's. Yay! Raivis is talking! That is quit the accomplishment. He is such a sweet babe. we are still so happy that we got to see you when you were down here. We have talked about that lil boy of yours often. Stay in touch...we love you guys! Mica
I can't wait to see Raivis! I can't believe it's his first official "birthday month!!"
Well, I can assure you no matter where you end up, we will visit! Maybe Jen and I can bring the girls to see you guys!! :)
Post a Comment