Raivis has a pretty icky cold right now, so before bed I figured I would give him a nice warm bath to try to loosen the ickiness. So I started the shower for a couple of minutes really hot to build up the steam and shut the door. I went to Raivis' room took off his pj's and set him down. He speed crawled out of the room down the hall, busted the bathroom door open and proceded to try to get into the tub. Soo funny!
Ok, I am going to let my inner speech-language pathologist show....
It is so amazing how much my boy is changing. I watch him learn new things every day. Tonight during his bath, he was trying to figure out how to blow bubbles in the water, out of about 10 attempts we got about 2 good sets of bubbles. Oh, the process of learning was wonderful! I watched him try to change what he was doing, taking into account what was working and what wasn't. He ended up inhaling quite a bit of water but he was in now worse for the wear. So cool!!!
The other thing that he is trying to problem solve is his shape sorter. Putting the actual shapes into the holes is still a little hard but he is trying to put all of his balls into the holes, his big ball, his little balls, his rattle balls, all of them, some of them fit and some of them don't. Typically he can remember which ones will fit and which ones don't, but just in case he tries them (you never know when things can change :) ). I love it.
His receptive language grows every day, he knows Millie from Grover and much more. I love it. We think that he says "up" (well it sounds more like "uh") when he wants to be picked up. It isn't super consistent but it's there. I love that too.
I suppose that I am letting my proud parent side show too. :) All this learning but he still doesn't give kisses :) one of these days...
4 comments:
Thank you so much for giving us these glimpses into Raivis' world and how he is growing. It is sooooo amazing watching little people emerge and blossom. Treasure all these little (and not so little!) discoveries and joys - it's what makes parenting so rewarding!
Thanks for the pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful vacation. By the way - the picture of Raivis eating daddy - that is a baby kiss - so he is giving kisses! Love you!
how fun it is to see all the milestones...remember now, don't blink...before you know it he will be grown. I wish they stayed small for longer but hey.... each stage is really neat. I wouldn't change it for the world. Can't wait to see Raivis talking.... hat will be so neat...Hugs, Mica
I love hearing about all the Raivis is doing and trying to do. It makes me feel like I was right there in the bathroom trying to help blow bubbles. Larisa shared a lot of what Raivis is doing and saying. She is sure he sayes hi, bye, mama, dada, etc. I'm so proud of him. I wish I was there. Love and hugs to all of you. XO
Post a Comment