Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paper Bread

I love our neighborhood.  I can't say that enough. One of the many reasons why I love church hill is that we are lucky enough to live within walking distance of 3, yes THREE, wonderful bakeries.  Walking/riding/scooting to one of the bakeries has quickly become one of Raivis and my favorite weekend adventures,


We have WPA with thier delicious muffins and cakes.













Proper Pie with delicious pie, both savory and sweet.

and Sub Rosa.  They have a wood fired oven and their bread is AMAZING!

Sadly, one of our favorite neighborhood spots, Sub Rosa, had a fire this week and is closed until repairs are made.  We are heartbroken and cannot wait until they are able to open again.  After going there for 3 weeks in a row on the weekends, not to mention weekday stops for bread for dinner, I am going through withdrawls. 
 

Raivis loves their croissants, which he calls Paper Bread.  I love paper bread, I long for paper bread.... I don't know if I am going to be able to make it!  Good thing I have two other places to go with good things to eat. 





No comments: