Thursday, November 15, 2012

He is HERE!!

Nik, Raivis, and I would love to introduce you to someone pretty special!

Meet Zanis Leroy Sirs!

Most people need to hear how we came up with his name, so here is the brief explanation.  His first name is Latvian, just like Raivis' is.  The "a" in Zanis is said like the "a" in awesome (Zaw-nis) and is a version of Nik's paternal grandfather's name.  His middle name is my maternal grandfather's middle name. 
He made his arrival a week early (just like his brother did), on Noveber 8th at 6:32 am.  I woke up at 2 am and tried to will it to stop so that I could finish up things at work the next day but Baby Z had other plans.  When I could no longer deny that it was go time, I got up and finished things online for work and started timing contractions.  Nik and I left for the hospital at 5:15 and got there about 5:40.  By the time I got to the labor and delivery room it was 6:00 am and 30 minutes later we got to meet our beautiful son. We cut it a little close on the time, which wasn't the plan but we made it safe and sound.

Zanis weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds 7 ounces and was 21.5 inches long.  He is super squeezable, kissable, and snuggly.  He has a lot of dark dark hair, big hands and feet (according to the nurses), and a sweet little mouth.  He is a very relaxed little guy, when he does cry he has a funny little screech. 

Raivis was so excited to meet him and marveled at how little his ears are.  So far Raivis is doing pretty good with the changes, he is being a good helper and isn't to sure about this whole "mom has to sit in one spot and feed the baby thing."  He doesn't want to hold him but he insists on giving baby brother a kiss before bed. He did tell me this morning that it is "a little hard to have two boys here." 

We are so happy to have him home and I am super excited not to have a 9 pound baby rump sticking in my ribs. :) We are settling in wonderfully, enjoying this precious time that goes so fast. 

3 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

So glad your baby is here safe and sound! What a beautiful family of 4!

katieanne said...

How awesome!!!! Congrats!!! So cute - and so fast - dang!

Nicole Russell Willis said...

Love the pics! Especially the one of all four of you!! :)