Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

Sometimes I wonder if part of your brain (for me the organized part) is given to your child after childbirth, leaving you with less to work with. Here is a good example. I had to take a certification class last weekends, somehow I had it in my head that it was Friday and Saturday even though the dates of the class were CLEARLY February 12 and 13 on my invoice. I got everything set up so that I didn't have to work on Friday, showed up at the hotel at 7:30 am AND.... the class was the next day. Geez... I missed the mark on that one! I made the best of the situation and took advantage of my free weekday. Grandma Carol, Raivis, and I went out and had a wonderful breakfast, then we hit up the children's museum. We didn't go to the location that has the train this time, Raivis had a blast anyway. On Saturday I made it to my class and Nik got to take Raivis to swimming lessons. That evening, after Raivis went to bed Nik and I went out for our Valentine's Day dinner at yet another great Richmond restaurant (little did me know that the food in Richmond is amazing pretty much everywhere). Sunday I finished my class (passed my test and got my certification). After all of that Nik and I needed some family time with our little man and took a wonderful February in Richmond bike ride.Of course we had to stop at the two playgrounds we went by on our way. Raivis is a playgorund maniac these days.

Now that the week has started we can all take a breath (haha). Nik has been studying like crazy for his test this week so we decided to take it easy tonight, order pizza and make brownies for Valentine's Day. Raivis was a little cranky tonight but got a second wind when I brought home a balloon from work. We had fun baking together, got lots of giggles and tastes of brownie batter in. He loves to bake with me and he had a blast playing with the new trains Grandma Carol got him. Overall, we've had a successful few days, lets see if we can keep this trend up for the rest of the week...

No comments: