Jeez, it has been a while... The holiday season swept me up as always. Then Nik got me a Kindle for Chirstmas, I have been reading furiously for about a month, I think that I can slow down now and read in moderation, and get some projects done that I have been putting off... we'll see. :) On Janurary third I started working at a different nursing facility. It is south about 20 minutes in Hopewell, I work there most of the time and go to the original facility, that I started at in August, when they need a little extra help. It is working out ok, the first two weeks were a little rough, getting used to a new facility and a new schedule, I was working way too much. It has evened out a bit and I am not traveling as much right now, which is good.
My mom gave me a popsicle maker that freezes the popsicles in about 10 minutes. I have had a lot of fun making homemade treats plus you can make really cool designs because it freezes so fast . The popsicle in the picture above is half raspberry half blackberry, it was really tasty, even though you can't tell that from Raivis' face.
Nik finished his first semester of medical school beautifully. He did great in the dreaded anatomy class with the cadaver discecction and he is off and running for the second semester. He is working really hard, staying after everyday to go over that day's material and going in every Saturday and Sunday morning to review the whole week's material. All that hard work is paying off though, he gets honors or high honors on every test. Raivis and I are so pround of him.
Raivis has been keeping us all running. He has discovered the word no, so everything is no.... "Raivis, do you want to get in the car?" "no" "Raivis do you want a piece of candy?" "no... yes" He is a busy boy, always climbing, jumping, running, laughing, singing, loving, objecting, and just generally living. He has had a busy last couple of weeks. We graduated from his crib to a big boy bed (to start we just put his mattresses on the floor so the falls won't to be bad at first).
He did really well graduating, he has had a couple of bad nights and one fall that I know of but after a week he has adjusted. The other big event in Raivis' world was the start of Parent and Child Swimming Lessons two weeks ago. He LOVES it. He is so excited that he squeels, jumps, and kicks like a maniac. He isn't crazy about going all of the way under the water but this week he let me do it twice.
We had a nice weekend, even if it went entirely way to fast. Nik and I were tired after another busy week so we decided to take it easy. On Saturday Raivis and I went to swimming while Daddy went to school. Afterwords, we picked up Grandma Carol and went to a great restaurant downtown and grabbed breakfast. Mmmmm, it is so fun to get to do that with Grandma Carol every now and again. While Daddy was studying on Sunday, Raivis and I went to the Children's museum. Raivis loves it there, his favorite is the train, he is all seriousness, no smiles, laughing, nothing but he loves it. I let him get a little to tired but he took a nice long nap before we got ready for our friends to come over for the game. I am not sure if I am ready for the week to start but I guess it has already started so I better be ready.
That about sums it up around here... school, work, play, laugh, sleep, repeat.
2 comments:
Thank you for posting. Even though I talk to Nik, and google chat with Raivis with you all in the background, I still didn't know all that. I miss you all so much. Raivis is getting too big! Love to you all. Grandma Rachael
I can't believe how big your little guy is getting!
Post a Comment