Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back from our Ida-home!!

WHEW!!!!!!
Holy smokes, I am tired.

We just got home from a whirlwind trip to Idaho. While there for 4 days we went to 1 graduation, 2 graduation parties, 2 sets of family pictures, visited 5 cats, 10 dogs, one bunny, 8 grandparents, 4 aunts, two uncles, and 10 cousins. We got a bonus and accidentally got to see the Sprague family while out to eat, those boys are sooo cute, it was such a wonderful accident! Plus we had to squeeze in sleeping, eating, naps, and down time. It was great to see everybody and of course we didn't get near enough time to visit with anybody.

After all of that we got to head home. We left Idaho at 4:15 this morning, I drove the whole way home for the first time in a long time because Nik had to work tonight (Nik got to sleep when Raivis slept which was more time then I was expecting, which is good, poor guy though, he is going to be beat!) Raivis survived, he did great, he slept, giggled, danced in his car seat, and got to walk around Wyoming truck stops to stretch his legs. His cut off point is definitely at 12 hours but we lived :).

Since I have been home I have got Nik off to work, fed the boy, washed dinner dishes, cleaned up the mess that Raivis made while I was doing dishes, bathed the boy, got the laundry going, got the dogs situated and all their stuff put away.

Soooo, you'll have to forgive me but pictures will have to wait, I am going to finish unpacking, take a hot bath and sleep. Night!

4 comments:

katieanne said...

i hope you get some rest! it was SO fun to see you!!! Raivis' little cheeks make me so happy! i'm glad you all got home safe- and 12 hour cutoff- lucky you! my boys make it about 6 and get antsy. my cutoff is 8 though, so you can't blame them....
REST!

Lori Sirs said...

I know it was a hectic visit, but it was so wonderful to see you all! Hope you got to rest up today. We miss you already!

Rhiannon said...

Looking forward to following you on here! :) Sounds like life is busy, but busy can be great! I hope to keep in touch and I wish you all the best on your upcoming adventure to VA! :) Take care.

Nicole Russell Willis said...

You are pretty much superwoman! It was so fun to see you guys!! Raivis was so darling! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures you will have back East! :)