
Well, here we are in February... I am pretty sure that January gets shorter and shorter every year. In my head I have a lot of time to get things done, I can cook, clean, play, create, work, and rest... all in my head. In reality all that I really do is run from one thing to the next, never getting much done. Which is why Zanis' baby announcements are still sitting in my kitchen table and he is now 3 months old. I keep telling myself that I will look back on these busy years with fondness... hmmmm at least I hope so. Things at my work have been super crazy, we got a new building administrator (the 4th in 6 months), I got a new regional rehab boss, and we had a revisit from state (which means lots and lots of long tedious hours to get ready and lots and lots of long tedious hours "supervising" while state is inspecting the building). Things should start to settle in now, at least as much as they ever do at work. Which is good, I think my family has felt like I abandoned them lately.

Raivis has been enjoying school. He comes home and talks about all sorts of neat things, like Martin Luther King Jr., President Lincoln, and poopy poop poop pee. He is so in the "all I want to talk about is poop" faze, we are lucky if we make it through a meal without it coming up. Along with trying to expand his vocabulary, he is trying to assert his will on everything. Which means some epic battles are had around here. As we get ready to close out his third year of life, I think that the twos get a bad rap and it is really the threes that make parents nuts (whose bright idea was it to teach the kid to talk and have opinions?). But along with those epic battles, there is a lot of great tings too. It is so fun to watch him process his world, learn, and grow. He is a wizz at spotting letters, "reading" environmental print, and he is quite crafty lately (cutting is his all time favorite thing). And the things he comes up with... the other day we were sitting at the table and he was talking about the librarian at his school. He told us that she has short curly hair, glasses and a face like this...

Now, I am sure that I have met the librarian, I just can't remember what she looks like, however with that description I am sure that I won't be able to miss her. :) My boy is growing up, it seems like all of a sudden he is morphing from a toddler to a school age kid. He is trying out calling me "Mom" instead of "Mamma". Breaks my heart but I am sure I will live, at least he still says "pack pack". Raivis has been loving on his little brother. He loves Zanis and has decided that it is ok to hold him now and he loves to poke at him. And boy does Zanis LOVE Raivis. When Zani (Zah-nee) hears Raivis enter a room, he immediately starts looking for him and smiles so big. I think we are going to have 2 holigans on our hands before long. It is a good thing that Zani is so big, otherwise I think Raivis would be trying to cart him around.

Zani is doing really well, he is a sturdy boy for sure. When we took him in for his 2 month check-up, he was 14 pounds (75-90th percentile). When he just a couple of weeks old, I accidentally gave him the nickname, pork chop. I was feeding him and when I picked him up to burp and switch sides he let out this pitiful little whine, I said, "oh, pork chop is still hungry" in my sad voice. Nik's ears picked right up that I referred to my baby boy as pork chop and the name is sticking. He goes by Zani, Zani bug, Pork Chop, and Zani Chop. Hopefully the name will wear out, I'll feel bad if I have condemned him to a life of being named after a pork product.

Generally, Zani is a happy baby, however he has a temper and will let you know when it is time to pay attention to him. He has lots to say, i don't remember Raivis being this expressive at this age. Zanis will have whole conversations with you. It looks like the poor thing is going to have my eczema like Raivis does. He is scratchy and has "hot spots" already... I told both of my boys that they were not allowed to have my skin but neither of them have listened yet. Zani sleeps pretty well, he generally goes from 8:30 pm to 3:30 am and he wakes up for good at 6:30 all smiles and giggles. I consider that pretty lucky.

Nik is doing well too. He has started his internal medicine rotation and so far it hasn't been to much of a time hog. He has been in the outpatient clinics at VCU, but will be switching over to inpatient soon. After the switch, I am sure he will be a lot busier but we are enjoying the extra time for now. He has been able to take Raivis to school more lately and I know that Raivis enjoys that a lot. Driving to school is one of my favorite times with my boy, we talk about a lot of things and sometimes we just listen to music. Last Friday, we got revved up for the day with a little "zombie nation" (it is a song you hear a lot at sporting events). I don't think you can start you day much better then that :)
1 comment:
I always love your photos and of course the descriptions of your family life. It seems like I'm right there. I hope to be there sometime in April. :)
Post a Comment