Even though today marks the last day of Nik's spring break there is cause for celebration because it is official, Spring is here!!!

We didn't do anything to exciting for spring break this year, I don't get any vacation until I have worked with the company for a year (lame). I think that we can mark it down as a good week none-the-less. Last weekend we did make our first trip to the beach of 2011. We went to a nice public beach just south of Virginia Beach, Sandbridge.

We had a blast. It was light jacket weather and it was windy but we almost had the whole beach to ourselves. Raivis still eats sand unfortunately (I thought he whould have grown out of that this year, it is so gross.... crunch crunch crunch).

It is so awesome to live somewhere that we can take day trips to the ocean, I love it. We already have another trip planned in April, I am already counting down the days.



Nik and Raivis had a lot of fun together throughout the week, giving Grandma Carol a little break from the boy. They went to the children's museum, came and had lunch with me at work, and watched a little college basketball. The weather was gorgeous so there were lots of walks and trips to the park.

Over the last week we have discovered two great parks here in Richmond. The first is Maymont Park. The grounds of the park are the beautiful 100 acre estate of a mansion that was built in 1893. We still haven't made it thorugh the grounds to the mansion, the grounds are that big.

They have a children's farm and a large zoo-like path, we still have yet to fully explore that part as well. We did find the Japanese garden and hiked through some very tall trees (and very tall bamboo).

Raivis was looking for "pish" (fish) the entire time, so he was estatic when we found the huge koi in the Japanese garden. We went back yesterday to have a picnic and see the fish again, this time we fed them a little bread. These fish were so big that I think they would nibble on baby fingers if he let them.



We had a beautiful 80 degree day on Friday to kick off the weekend so we picked up some takeout form the Alamo (AWESOME BBQ) and set out to have dinner outside. We got a little lost and ended up at Forest Hill park.

This park was also amazing, with tall trees, streams, and a beautiful lake. I think you could walk around it for hours and still not see all of it. Raivis was still looking for "pish" but we didn't see any this time so we decided they must be hiding.

We will have to get back into our routine after a nice week of a little more relaxation and fun the our usual. It will be hard for both Raivis and I to share Nik with school again but the days are numbered, summer break will be here before we know it! Unfortunately that also means that the really hot weather and humidity will be here soon, maybe we will have 'adjusted' to it by then. (ha ha ha)
1 comment:
I think it's funny Raivis eats sand- just because little kids do the weirdest things! Someday when he is older you will have to tease him about all the sand he eat as a child. I love your mom by the way- tell her I said hello!
Post a Comment